A4 Experimental characterization of the mechanical behavior of anisotropic and strain-hardening composites under impact loading
Ali Assadzadeh Heravi
in cooperation with
This part of the project deals with the development of test concepts and experimental techniques for adequately determining the stress-strain relationship of anisotropic, ductile and strain-hardening composites with mineral-based matrices under tensile, compressive and shear impact loads.
The experiments are accompanied by the characterization of defects on the microstructural level (crack propagation) by means of morphological investigations and model descriptions of the mechanical behavior of selected composites.
Peer Reviewed Journal Publications
- Heravi, A.A., Curosu, I., Mechtcherine, V.: A gravity-driven split Hopkinson bar for in-vestigating quasi-ductile and strain-hardening cement-based composites under tensile loading. Cement and Concrete Composites, vol. 105 (2020) art. 103430.
- Trindade, A.C.C., Heravi, A.A., Curosu, I., Liebscher, M., Mechtcherine, V.: Tensile behavior of strain-hardening geopolymer composites (SHGC) under impact loading. Cement and Concrete Composites (2020) – in press
- Heravi, A.A., Fuchs, A., Gong, T., Curosu I., Kaliske, M., Mechtcherine, V.: Mechanical characterization of textile reinforced cementitious composites under impact tensile loading using the split Hopkinson tension bar. Cement and Concrete Composites (2020) – under review
- Heravi, A.A., Smirnova, O., Mechtcherine, V.: Effect of Strain Rate and Fiber Type on Tensile Behavior of High-Strength Strain-Hardening Cement-Based Composites (HS-SHCC). In: Mechtcherine, V. et al. (Eds.): Proceedings of the 4th International RILEM Conference on Strain Hardening Cementitious Composites SHCC4, Dresden, Germany, RILEM S.A.R.L. Publications, 2017.
- Heravi, A.A., Mechtcherine, V.: Mechanical characterization of strain-hardening cement-based composite (SHCC) under dynamic tensile load. In Pijaudier-Cabot et al. (eds.) 10th International Conference on Fracture Mechanics of Concrete and Concrete Structures FraMCoS-X, Bayonne, France, 23-26 June, 2019.
- Heravi, A.A., Gong, T., Mechtcherine, V.: Mechanical characterization of textile reinforced concrete (TRC) subject to dynamic tensile loading. 7th International Collo-quium on performance, Protection & Strengthening of Structures Under Extreme Loading & Events – PROTECT (2019) Whistler, Canada.
- Liebold, F., Maas, H.-G., Heravi, A.A.: Crack Width Measurement for Non-planar Surfaces by Triangle Mesh Analysis in Civil Engineering Material Testing. In Int. Arch. Photogramm. Remote Sens. Spatial Inf. Sci., XLII-2/W18 (2019), 107-113, Strasbourg, France.